Pastries with strawberries always work! Our recipe is super easy and quickly made. The strawberry season is a joy for me every year. I love the red, sweet berries in every form, whether eaten pure, as a milk shake or as a delicious dessert.
Strawberries look especially delicious on a crispy Tartelette base, which you can easily make by yourself. With a light cream cheese cream, our small strawberry tarts become a delicious, not too sweet dessert for those pleasurable days.
Gluten free tartlets
The crispy Tartelette bases can be prepared well in advance and taste incredibly delicious even with ground hazelnuts instead of almonds.
Once filled, however, the Tartelettes should be served and enjoyed quickly.
For a quick variation, the cream filling can also be left out with only a little maple syrup or honey spread on the almond bases.
Mini strawberry tartlets with almond base
For the mini tarts almond bases
- 160 g Ground almonds (US: ⅓ lb.)
- 25 g chopped almonds (US: 1 ounce)
- 50 g melted butter unsalted, (US: 2 ounces)
- 2 tblsp honey liquid
- 1/4 tsp vanilla flavour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 g fresh cheese heavy cream, (US: ½ lb.)
- 100 g whipping cream (US: ½ lb.)
- 10 strawberries
- 3 tblsp honey liquid
- 1 tblsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 strawberries for decoration
- Butter the tartlet moulds to ensure that the almond bases are easily removable from the moulds.
- Mix ground and chopped almonds, butter, honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt in a bowl to a dough. For further processing, place the dough in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees convection /200 electric.
- Then form the dough into four equally sized balls and spread them thinly on the tartlet moulds with wet fingers and press them up the sides.
- Place the moulds in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes to ensure that the almond bases become nice and crispy during baking.
- Place the cooled tartlet moulds on a baking tray, weight down with some baking paper and blind baking pearls or legumes.
- Bake blind in the middle of the oven for about 12 minutes until the edges are slightly browned. Be careful as nut-based bottoms burn easily.
- Remove the almond bases from the oven and let them cool down. Allow to set slightly, then remove from the moulds and refrigerate until used.
- For the cream filling, whip the cooled whipping cream until stiff. Puree the cleaned strawberries and mix with the cream cheese, lemon juice, honey and vanilla. Stir in the beaten whipped cream and cool the mixture in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes.
- Now fill the cream into the chilled almond tartlet bases and garnish with strawberry pieces.